Atmosphere: Friendly, still a developing third world country
Amenities: Have most of the things you need
People: Friendly and open
I arrived at the Tocumen International Airport on a Saturday afternoon with the Airfrance flight from Paris. The flight was great and the arrival was perfect and welcoming. People in the airport are friendly and smiling. To take my luggages and a cab to my appartment it cost me USD 40 split in USD 5 of baggage carrier cost, USD 30 of taxi cost and USD 5 of baggage carrier cost at the Waldorf Astoria hotel. I have asked to the staff at the hotel what was the usual tariff they charged, but the staff wasn't that smily and I decided to let him USD 5 as it was only a one time.
I stay in the Waldorf Astoria building which has actually two faces, hotel and appart hotel. The view is nice, but there are other buildings being built right in front of it unfortunately.
It is ideally located close to a really convenient neighbourhood.
The weather is quite good, around 30 degrees and sunny until now. Below is the view from my window.
The real estate is booming here and it's incredible that they continue to build in this area as there are already so many vacant apartments.

No comments:
Post a Comment